Review | Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Wipes

Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Facial Wipes - £3.99 (currently £2.66)

I think it's fair to say I've abandoned this blog in the past few weeks, I was working more and moving back to university so I've not really had as much time as before, and honestly I've been a bit lazy. But I'm going to make an effort to stick to regular blogging like I started. However, enough of the excuses and on to the product. 

Face wipes are somewhat of a taboo in the beauty world, everyone almost looks down their noses at them and people have become afraid to give them a try. I'll admit, I'm one of those people and these are the first face wipes I've tried in about 2 years, but after seeing Lily Pebbles rave about them I thought I would give these a try. 

These wipes are designed to be used as a quick exfoliator for the skin, I'm not sure if this is in the ingredients or the slightly textured cloth, but they're recommended to only be used a few times a week rather than every day. I personally just use them as a quick way to remove makeup when I'm wearing a lot of it or if I'm feeling too tired for a two step cleansing routine, although I do still follow these with my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which helps to properly cleanse the pores and soothe the skin. 

After using them a few times I've decided these will defiantly be only for rare occasions. I find they leave a film over my skin giving it a slight tacky and itchy feeling, I also noticed my skin become very red after use and I needed to cleanse straight after to soothe the skin. Honestly, I wouldn't recommended these to anyone, whilst they have an average price point for face wipes there are some much cheaper ones on the market - especially for just removing make up - which I'm sure wouldn't leave your skin as red and inflamed as I found these did.

No comments