Review | Duo Striplash Adhesive


If you were to ask most of the girls you know what makeup task they find most difficult I'm pretty certain most of them would say applying false eyelashes - and possibly liquid liner. Which wouldn't surprise me, because for years I've longed to be able to wear false eyelashes but I've just never been able to actually get them on to my eyes. I've been unsure whether it was me, whether it was the eyelashes or whether it was the glue, and I've finally realised it's all in the glue when it comes to false lashes. I had suspected this because the eyelash glue you get with Primark lashes might as well just be water, it does nothing!


Due to my straight and boring eyelashes I've been wanting to try wearing false eyelashes on a regular basis for a long time. I see a lot of bloggers say they use them on a day to day basis, and thought if they can do it without it looking too dramatic, so can I! I had some individual lashes that I've been using when I've gone on nights outs but because they've been so hard to apply I avoided them for day time use because it would just take too long in a morning.

However, on a recent trip to Boots I noticed they were selling Duo lash glue - I've seen Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge use this in videos for years so knew it must be good. For a long time I think this was exclusive to MAC so I've never really be inclined to pick it up. But when I saw it in Boots for half the price that it is at MAC and it was part of the 3 for 2 offer I knew I had to try it. I decided on the white adhesive rather than the black because I knew that it would dry clear, where as the black one may add a bit too much drama to the eyes that I don't want in the day time.

I have been testing the glue out for a couple of weeks now and I will never go back to using regular lash glue. When applying individual lashes I put a small dot on my hand, leave it to go tacky for about 20 seconds and then dip each lash in the the glue. The lash then just falls in to place on the eyes and stays there all day. With strip lashes I apply a thin layer across the whole strip, I again leave it for 20 seconds then position them on my lashes to how I want them to look. The glue makes the lashes feel so lightweight on the eyes to the point that you can't feel them on your eyes, which is a problem I think some cheap glues have because you need so much glue for them to stay, that it can feel quite clumpy and heavy on the eyes. The glue dries clear after a few minutes so even if any mistakes are made with the glue it's fine because it won't be noticeable on the eyes once it's dried.

I completely love this stuff and can see why makeup artists have raved about it for years. The stuff is that great that I've been able to wear individual lashes to university a couple of times and they only took a minute to apply. For anyone who is a lover of false lashes or like me was wanting to try lashes, I really recommend you try this! I know for sure I'll be buying false lashes more now that I know I can apply them with no problem.

Have you tried Duo lash glue? What's your favourite false lashes - I'm wanting to try them all!

6 comments

  1. Applying eyeliner used to be my worst nightmare but practice really does make perfect :) I'm not too confident on applying falsies but will definitely give this lash glue a try as I've heard so much about it. Great post Xx
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyeliner and eyelashes seem to be an easy task after a lot of practice! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I have never actually wore the eyelashes... ever... But was curious to read the review that may come useful at some point (I never say never about certain things... like falsies) - thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend trying them in the house before trying them out, it's best to know you can before taking the plunge :) x

      Delete
  3. I've used Duo for years and I also thought it was only exclusive to Mac! I'll definitely be buying it at Boots from now on, such a bargain! xx

    Viva Epernay | Benefit Advent Calendar Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it a few other places as well now, all of them cheaper than MAC :) x

      Delete