Review | Urban Decay Naked Basics 2


Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 review with swatches

There's nothing quite like a new Naked palette to create hysteria in the beauty world is there? So when Urban Decay announced they were releasing a new Naked Basics palette, just like a lot of people, I was excited by it. I don't actually own the original because I thought the shades were a bit too warm and basic? Yes they're called Naked Basics, but the original shades just weren't unique or interesting enough for me to get use out of them. When I saw pictures of this version, I was interested and was keen to snap it up.

I eventually picked this up for the bargain price of £15.40 including delivery from cohorted.co.uk, so if you're interested in picking one up I'd keep an eye on their site. Although the site is that amazing, I'd check it out for it's beauty deals anyway!

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 review with swatches

The palette comes with six shades in total, one pale shimmer and six matte shades, all of them having a slight cool undertone to them. Just like all Urban Decay shadows, these are creamy, blendable and last all day, but I wouldn't anything less from Urban Decay. In terms of size the compact is even smaller in real life than it looks in pictures, it's seriously tiny! My iPhone is bigger than it so it makes for perfect travelling.

If you own the other three Naked palettes and you're hesitant to buy this one, I'd say go for it! One thing the Naked palettes are lacking is good matte shades and nice crease colours. The Naked 1 matte colours are too warm for my complexion, the Naked 2 has one shade which matches the criteria and the Naked 3 matte colours don't really work outside of the palette. So for only one shadow out of thirty six meeting the criteria to be deemed as a good matte shade, this palette is a very welcomed addition to my collection!

What do you think of the new Naked addition?

5 comments

  1. This honestly is a beautiful palette. Because of my skin tone mosr neutral and cooler toned grey shades look the best on me. And I plan on picking up this product very soon!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & ­­Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous, I'm usually the opposite and tend to gravitate to warm toned shadows, but where brown shades are concerned warm ones just wash me out!

      Delete
  2. I knew it was small, but I hadn't thought smaller than an iPhone! I've got a Galaxy S4 myself (which is a bit bigger) and I'd always thought it might be about that size or a touch bigger! This was a lovely review, it's a good product to consider.

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mental how it's so small and compact! A lot of other brands should take note ;) & thankyou! x

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful palette! i know that I need it in my life but can't decide between this and the basic 1! #firstworldproblem :/
    xo, Jessie

    ReplyDelete