Review | L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Review | L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Funnily enough, this was actually the first foundation I ever bought. I only started wearing makeup in 2012 after discovering Pixiwoo and saw an advert for this in a magazine, Cheryl Cole was the model and for some reason that convinced me it would work wonders for me. It made my skin appear dry, but at the time I had no skincare routine so that could have been the problem. I decided to pick it up again recently after so many raving reviews.


I got the shade R1.C1 Rose Ivory, which is a slightly pink toned porcelain shade, it is slightly too pink for me but the shade blends in to the skin and on application becomes a nice match. Beware though, I find it can oxidise slightly and is not one for layering. One layer and the colour is the colour it should be, however if you're wanting to layer for a high coverage this isn't the one as I find it ends up a shade or two too dark.

I found the foundation to be a really watery and thin texture, which stumped me at first, and when it's first applied I find it can feel slightly greasy because of this watery texture, which is strange for me because I don't really suffer from oily skin. It does eventually dry down to a semi-matte finish, but has a nice glow and radiance about it and unlike a lot of foundations I haven't felt the need to powder when it's first applied. After a few hours I do find the oiliness is back and I'm in desperate need of a powder, which isn't really ideal because it can sometimes cause it to look slightly cakey on the skin. The wear time overall is around 6-7 hours, but it needs powdering every 2-3 hours to maintain the foundation. It has a medium coverage which personally I find can't be built up. Like I said, with several layers it seems to oxidise but also seems to make the skin feel even more oily than before, meaning I'm needing powder from start to finish throughout the whole day.

I do prefer the foundation this time around to when I first tried it, but I still don't think I'm convinced, if you have dry skin that is well moisturised I think this could work for you. If you're even the tiniest bit oily stay away, despite it being a semi-matte finish the oiliness from the thing formulation really won't benefit you.

Have you tried True Match and what did you think?

6 comments

  1. i really want to try out this foundation, everyone raves about it and it looks like it has a really great shade range - great review!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the shade range is crazy for a drugstore foundation! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I've just finished my first L'Oreal True Match, and I'm still in two minds about it. Some days it can look like great, and others it clings to any dryness and then melts away after a couple of hours. I find that to get it to work, your skin has to be in near *perfect* condition. Still can't make up my mind as to whether or not I like it!

    loverosanna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true, if my skin is too dry or too oily it just won't work!

      Delete
    2. I only went out a bought it again yesterday having run out haha! Couldn't find an alternative that matched my skin tone- I'm going to *make* it work!

      Delete
    3. Haha, I'm still trying to get it to work. I recommend the Revlon Colorstay for colours, they do a great shade range and I prefer the overall foundation :) x

      Delete