My Current Everyday Makeup Routine

Everyday Makeup Routine, mac prep and prime, collection concealer, sleek blush, bourjois eye crayon, rimmel match perfection, bourjois rouge edition velvet, rimmel stay matte, brow archery

















I've been keeping my makeup relatively simple at the moment, but seriously loving the look. Rather than having lots of eyeshadow and a simple lip I've been doing the complete opposite, and I can't get enough. I've worn this look for over a week now, which is probably the longest I've worn the exact same look in a long time.

I finally took the plunge and bought MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage which adds so much glow and hydration to the skin. It preps the skin perfectly before foundation and means the foundation can sit and last on the skin all day, I had been wearing mattifying primers for a long time and my skin is far too dehydrated for them at the moment. The rest of my base is made up on Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation, which is a really dewy and glowy base but a medium coverage. I go through phases with this foundation but always come back to it, it's perfect for winter because it adds the glow I need but perfect for summer because it's so lightweight, a winner all round. The other two products I go through phases with are the Collection Lasting Perfecting Concealer, great coverage but can sometimes be a bit too heavy, but is currently impressing me. The second product is the Rimmel Stay Matte, again a great powder but sometimes just doesn't have the kick I need for a powder, but as I'm wanting the glow at the moment I'm loving it. It takes the shine away from the areas that I don't want a shine but leaves the rest of the skin glowing, honestly isn't one I grab in the summer.

For my brows I've been using my trusty Soap and Glory Brow Archery, a product I've loved for close to a year now. You really can't go wrong, it's got a felt tip end and a pencil end meaning perfect brows can be achieved in under two minutes. I finish with the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper, a product which took a while to get used to as it initially left my brows feel crispy and heavy. It's dried out slightly now and works perfectly to add that extra colour and shape to the brows and means they stay in place all day.

For the eyes I've been keeping it really simple, just a pretty base and winged liner. For the shadow I've been loving the new Bourjois Colorband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner in Rose Fauviste, probably the longest possible way to say a cream eyeshadow stick. I'm going to make a bold statement and say this is my favourite ever cream shadow, and that I actually prefer this to the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold - a product I used everyday for well over 6 months and actually finished up. It's a really pretty pink which brightens the eyes up, is super creamy and applies like a dream, eyeshadow now takes 2 minutes instead of 10. For eyeliner I've found the quickest way is to use a black kohl, smudge and shape that in to a wing and then draw over with a felt tip liner. For this I've been using the Lancome Crayon Kohl Eye Liner, which is really creamy and blends really easily to create a wing. Along with that I've been using my faithful Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner which is 100% the best liquid or felt tip liner, I've tried others but nothing ever tops this.  I actually forgot to include the mascara in the picture, but I've been loving the Lancome Hypnose Mascara which I have a mini of from a Christmas set. Whether I'll buy the full size is another question, but if you have the money to splurge it's defiantly one to go for.

The real stars of the show though are the Sleek Blush in Pomegranate and the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Ole Flamingo, you know when two products just go together so perfectly it's like sweet love? This is the case, they're both gorgeous deep pink shades, which are bright but not too bright that they can't be worn in the daytime. The lip shade is unreal, the first time I applied it it was love at first sight, I have basically based my whole makeup look around this colour because I want to wear it everyday, the formula is super long lasting, lasting around 8 hours and it feels incredibly comfortable on the lips despite being matte. With the blush I haven't felt the need to wear highlighter or bronzer because it brightens the face up so much, I really don't need anything else.

A picture of the look can be found on my Instagram here. What are your current makeup favourites?

8 comments

  1. I love the sound of the sleek blusher, I've been really meaning to buy one to try it out!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous, I'm wanting to try some more of them out :) x

      Delete
  2. Great blog post, really want to get that Sleek blush :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous, Sleek know how to do their blushes :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the sleek blush in Pomegranate

    Nashia | makeupandbeautymayhem

    ReplyDelete