Where Have I Been?




















Getting back in to blogging is something I've wanted to do for a long time now, you may have seen my sporadic posts here and there, maybe once a month, twice if I'm pushing myself. But I didn't want to start each review or post I did with a reason as to why I haven't blogged, and honestly there have been a few reasons.



For starters, I've started a new job which takes up a lot of my time. If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen I've started a 12 month placement working at L'Oreal, it's absolutely crazy that I get to work for such a huge company, in an industry that I'm interested in and that I was picked out of hundreds of people for the job. But it was a quick turn around and for the last 10 weeks I've been none stop busy. I basically applied for the job at the end of May, had a phone interview the week after, an assessment centre the week after and about 10 days later I started, and since then I've been working a 9-5, starting my day at 6:30am and getting home at 6pm. So I've just pushed my blog aside in favour of chilling with my boyfriend and watching Netflix - sounds slightly lazy when I write it.

I'm making a few big changes in my life in the next few weeks though, and plan to have a lot more time to do what I want. Hopefully I can even learn to drive soon, so that my days can start at 7:30am, and I can avoid a 2 hour round trip on the bus to work.

A second big reason was because I was loosing a bit of respect for some other bloggers. When I started blogging I loved the community, the weekly blogger chats and how everyone got along really well. I even went to my first blogging event a couple of months ago which was so fun and exciting, and I got to meet some really lovely people. But more recently I've noticed the glooming topic of money appearing all over my timeline. I get it, it's 2015, bloggers aren't just doing it for fun anymore, there's money involved, but do your followers really need to know that? I was always taught to mind my own business where other peoples money was involved and that my own business was no one else's concern, and I fully believe this. I feel it's taking part of the authenticity out of blogging, and it's becoming glaringly obvious who's doing it for the money, and who is overly jealous of the big stars. It's got to the point where bloggers won't feature anything on their blog without a cheque in the post, which quite frankly makes me slightly uncomfortable.

That doesn't mean that I've lost respect for bloggers in general though, I still love reading blogs and following the lives of many bloggers on Twitter. Like I said, I'm going to try and make more time for what I want to do, rather than wasting my weekends I really need to be a bit more productive.

Now that I've got it all off my chest I feel like I can comfortably get back to blogging, I feel like I just needed to get these thoughts out before I attempted to do a review on the latest foundation.

Finally, is there anybody still out there?

4 comments

  1. Welcome back!! Also well done on the L'Oréal Placement, I've been applying for internships and they're hard enough to get let alone a placement!x

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back! Those flowers in the photos look so pretty! xx

    http://www.BrightDreamerz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete