Cream Eyeshadows

cream eyeshadows, charlotte tilbury eyes to mesmerise, rimmel scandaleyes, maybelline color tattoo, benefit creaseless, bourgeois colorbanda
Cream eyeshadows are a product that initially confused me way back when I first became interested in makeup; to me cream eyeshadow just connoted creasing, hard to blend and jelly mixed with glitter eyeshadows - you know the ones? But after trying a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold I was a total convert, I wore that eyeshadow everyday until there was nothing but a few dried out crumbles left. I'd now say I wear cream eyeshadows 90% of the time I'm wearing makeup, they're so quick and easy to apply, have the ability to blend out and look awesome on their own or act as a base to any eye look, and pleasingly they have become so readily available on the high street - in my opinion again because of Maybelline's fantastic range.

One of my favourite launches of the year has been the Bourjois Colorband Eyeshadow & Liner (Beige Minimaliste), I mentioned the shade Rose Fauviste more than a handful of time on my blog, and they're still one of my favourite ranges of cream eyeshadows. I don't think they work that great as a liner, but that's possibly down to the colours I have. These work the best as a base, they're not too pigmented that they give the illusion of '3 shadows blended but really it's one' but they work great under other products. They also last all day, just swatch one and you won't get it off your hand. If you're after a cream eyeshadow-come-liner then Rimmel's Scandaleyes (Trespassing Taupe) is the ideal range, they do a few matte colours that smudge out really well and because the pencil is a lot chubbier than the average pencil it works well for a smokey eye.

On the more high end of the spectrum I find things start to get a bit more mousey and the eyeshadows are a bit easier to apply than budget versions. The Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows (Birthday Suit) works great as a base for a smokey eye because they set whilst still keeping some of their sheen, but don't get swallowed up when another eyeshadow is blended in to them. The Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise in Jean I can only really recommend for the colour, it was £22 and I'm still not sure if it was worth it because it creases like nothing else I've ever owned. You really need a primer for this one, and even a glitter eyeshadow if you have one, but if you really want to mesmerise people with your eyes this is the one. It's so glittery and pretty you can't help but feel like a bit of a Disney princess. All you need is some mascara with this one and you're good to go.

Finally, I can't not give a final shoutout to the Maybelline Color Tattoos; does anyone not have On and On Bronze in their collection? (if you don't you need it!) They're the cream eyeshadow that anyone can work with and have the cheapest price, if you're wanting to start using creams they're the best option and still probably my favourite cream eyeshadow formulation. My personal recommendations are Pink Gold, On and On Bronze and Creamy Beige (featured).

What are your favourite cream eyeshadows?

2 comments

  1. Cream eyeshadows are my favourite. They're so easy to use, I like just putting on a little bit, blend and leave the house!

    Yep, I have On and On Bronze from the Maybelline color tattoos and its gorgeous! I also recommend Rose Gold, its such a pretty colour x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been neglecting my cream eyeshadows recently - your post has made me dig them out again! I really want to try the Rimmel Scandaleyes colour - it looks so pretty!!

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete